Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lesson 2


Shot Class.

Storyboarding and analyzing shots on a sequence from a movie.


Jurassic Park I
Kitchen sequence. 43:00 - 47:47. minutes into the movie.

a description of my emotional response on the sequence.

I saw the movie for the first time, probably in the year 1995 or 96.
about 7 years old I was thrilled by this movie, loved dinosaurs back then (they are still cool). anyway, this is probably the sequence/ scene I recall the best, this and the one with the T-rex's first entry. I remember that I was so relieved when the kids now were safe from danger, and had got something to eat. I remember the raptor paintings in the background still kept me on guard. (brilliant).
then all of a sudden we are back in the intense game of hide and seek ! "aAarrgh - run run run !! - I was thinking something like that. I remember also before the velociraptor opened the door to the kitchen, the women said something like: "...unless they figure out how to open doors" and click it opened. ! I was totally freaked out throughout the entire kitchen sequence, it kept me on my toes all the way through.

I think I felt relived after the kids had managed to escape the two raptors. some kind of satisfaction, as if I was thinking "it would be cool if I were the one to survive such an encounter with a velociraptor !

scared, thrilled, exited and satisfied by awesomeness (if there is any such thing).

Reference thumbnails from the sequence.

Camera shots.
noticed a lot of great camera angles.
noticed a lot of rack focusing, from dinosaur to human and back. showing the short distance between them. also a lot of panning, from one to the other, giving it an intense experience. also once or twice the camera had an upshot of the raptors, seeing the edge of the table, clarifying that we are hiding under the table with the kids.

my Jurassic Park - kitchen sequence storyboard :
Storyboard pages 1 , 2 and 3.

Storyboard pages 4 , 5 and 6.

Storyboard page 7. end.


Your Grade: Excellent


No comments:

Post a Comment